Thursday, October 27, 2011

the henry shirt

By now I'm sure you've seen this book floating around blogland.


'Sewing for Boys' by Shelly Figueroa & Karen LePage


Having two boys of my own, I just had to have it. So when I recently scored some really great pillowcases at the Thrift store, I decided to use one of them to make the 'Henry Shirt' from the book. And believe it or not, the size 4 can be made using just one large pillowcase (+ 1 contrasting fabric).




The pattern said it was for the advanced sewer... but I of course I didn't read that until after I had cut all the fabric. 
There was no turning back.




And yes, I was in over my head. 
And there was a lot of seem-ripping.




One of my favourite features in this pattern is the built in pocket on each side.




All in all I'm happy that I attempted this pattern because I learned a LOT.
Now to put the snaps on!



2 comments:

  1. It looks amazing and what an awesome idea!! I typically don't do much kids sewing (too finicky for me!) but you could totally take on a woman's blouse out of a pillow case too - talk about comfy (assuming it's 100% cotton!)Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job! :) Guess you're an advanced sewer now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...