Monday, December 20, 2010

just add snow

This Christmas, I had to find a quick (and inexpensive) gift for my 7 year old nephew.
We, along with so many other families, are on a tight budget this year so we decided to limit our family's Christmas gift exchange for all of our nieces and nephews to $5 or less per child. And I have to admit, I was excited to take on the challenge of getting a great gift for so little money. I knew I'd have to get creative.
So this is what I came up with:



Can you guess what it is?

I cut out some felt shapes, bought a long carrot and a black hat. I cut a piece of scrap fleece and made it into a scarf and voila - a kit to build a snowman! I wrapped all the items up in a snowman gift bag and wrote a note saying: 'Just add snow!'
This is an idea that you can really run with and add to year after year. How about real coal for the eyes and mouth? Full lady lips, or a necktie instead of a scarf? 

...Oh! And as for the $5 gift exchange - I had money left over to buy a small book to go with it!


2 comments:

  1. Ok, its official... you have great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw he got more than enough snow for the snowman.... it snowed for 3 days!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...