Thursday, December 30, 2010

airplane wall hanging

I haven't been in my sewing/craft room for over a week and I am going through serious withdrawals! 

I became very ill last week and have been on the mend ever since. Friends empathized with me and said "it's the worst week to be sick," but secretly I thought if I had to get sick, it was a great time. 

Most of my shopping was done early but I still would have spent that last week before Christmas running around the city collecting last minute gifts and taking on more sewing projects than I could possibly make. So, instead, I was sick and couldn't get out of bed ...and it was great. All those errands didn't seem so important anymore and I just made do with what I already had. Of course, my husband was a great help too. And you know what?! In the end, everything was perfect for the big day and it was the first year that I wasn't exhausted by Christmas day! Sure I tired easily, but I was able to rest and recharge often. We just took it easy and it was relaxing and wonderful.

Jealous?!

Okay so I couldn't indulge quite as much as I might have liked but this Christmas meant a much needed break from a very busy year and I'm thankful for that. It's just what I needed (in a strange sort of way).

But needless to say, I'm behind on all sorts of projects I have planned. I thought I'd share with you a little something I made for my youngest son a couple of months back - to give to him as a Christmas gift.

I am the only girl in this house and all of my boys LOVE their airplanes. So when I saw an airplane applique pattern from Patch Abilities - I couldn't resist giving it a try.


I wish you all a very happy new year, and may you find some rest and relaxation as well (even if it means playing hookie)!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...