Monday, August 15, 2011

Back to School Week - Day 5


Okay so I'm a little slow getting this post up. My apologies!

Today we're going to talk lunch bags. 
With my youngest starting school soon, we needed to get a new one for him.
We took Evan to see the Yogi Bear movie back in the spring when it came out. He loved it so I couldn't pass up this fabric when I saw it. And I thought it would be perfect for his lunch bag.



I wanted the inside to look like a picnic blanket so I lined it with red gingham.




I used this tutorial but used cotton fabric and batting instead of waxcloth.
I'm hoping to make these super cute snack bags from Noodlehead to go inside the lunch bag.






Can you guess how she made these cuties?
You can find Anna's tutorial here on her blog Noodlehead. While there, check out the adorable pencil pouch that she made too. I love Anna's blog because she is amazingly talented and all of her creations are so lovely. So simple and so perfect!

Just a couple of short weeks left before the big day!
Happy sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...