Thursday, March 10, 2011

whatcha-ma-call-it




I'm not even sure what you call these, or exactly what they are for. I always thought they were for crafts like knitting or even magazines. A place to store unfinished projects and keep them nearby.



the 'before' picture

I found this one at the Thrift store with big plans to replace the original fabric. I would work out a pattern and recover every one of these that I came across in a funky new fabric to give it new life. I was on a mission. A mission to rid homes of these ugly whatcha-ma-call-its.

I brought two of them home and cut the fabric off ever so carefully so that I could use it as a pattern.
Then I got to work.
I sewed all the pieces I could by machine, but then I couldn't get the wooden rods apart so I had to sew the rest in place by hand. So it sat. For weeks. Waiting for me to finish it. I'm not a big fan at hand sewing (unless it's decorative stitches) but I finally finished it the other day.

This was a real pain in my behind to do so I've given up on my big plans. 
Sorry folks, you'll have to rid the world of ugliness yourselves.
I have an extra one of these if anyone needs one!
Oh, and can anyone tell me what it is actually for??



5 comments:

  1. I think it is a craft caddy. You have done a great job. keep the other one I will take it if you can't get rid of it. Mam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure it's a magazine rack, no? Just let the other one sit for a while and maybe you'll get another wave of motivation come your way... It would be very cool to have a matching set! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job though! My mom had one of these..and I always remember it being a craft caddy, lol..so that's what I would probably use it for--b/c who doesn't need more craft storage! (Especially portable craft storage!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true - more storage is always a good thing! My youngest son seems to agree as he has taken it over and is using it for his huge collection of little cars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Job! Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog and for the sweet comment! XOXO ThreeMangoSeeds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...