Monday, January 3, 2011

a new year



This is the time of year where many of my favourite blogs are highlighting their top moments and projects from the past year. My blog is so new that I can't really do that (yet!). Now, I'm not one to make resolutions but ringing in a new year is naturally a time for reflecting back and setting new goals for the future. So with this in mind, I wanted to focus on some of the things that make me happy - things that perhaps I need a little more of in the coming year.

So here goes, my list of (just some of) my favourite things ...in no particular order:

- over-sized ceramic mugs, especially when filled with coffee
- cream in that coffee
- the sound of children laughing
- spending time with long-time friends
- strawberries
- giving
- being inspired
- Smoothies (especially with Mount Gay rum)
- 'Mexican night' dinners at home (usually also involving smoothie mentioned above) 
- filling up on French breads with assorted cheeses
- dark chocolate-covered almonds
- holidays
- being organized (okay, I didn't say I was good at it, just that I would love to be!)
- sleeping in
- cotton fabric
- lazy days spent in my PJs
- my family
- music
- time to sew and make things
- watching 'chick flix' with my hubby (secretly I think he loves watching them with me too)
-  playing scrabble
- reading a brand new book
- eating out
- and, of course, my new blog!

I'll be making a real effort to indulge more in some of these favourite things this year - what are you hoping to have more of?

1 comment:

  1. I think now I understand why we are friends..scrabble is my favorite:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...