Saturday, June 2, 2012

Treasure Pocket Pants

My little guy's turning 5 this month.
The only thing he asked me for his birthday was a remote control truck (check).
But I also wanted to give him something homemade. 


Ever since I saw the book Sewing for Boys, I've wanted to make the Treasure Pocket Pants.
But with the warmer weather, I decided on a pair of cotton shorts and altered the pattern...


...which meant I could get away with just using a fat quarter for the contrast panel. 
I'm kicking myself for not buying more of that Japanese moped fabric.



The top of the shorts are also a bit different from the pattern - it wasn't intentional, 
just the result of late night sewing/interpretation of instructions ;)

Thanks for stopping by,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...