Friday, November 30, 2012

Vintage Find: Dresser

I picked up this old dresser from the Thrift store. Paid $50 and figured it was worth it. I don't know that much about antiques, vintage finds but I figured it was very solid, and the name on the inside of the drawer with beautiful dove-tail joints were a good sign of it being old-ish... and of quality too.
I think I loved its original knobs the most!


The top of the dress had beautiful wood grain but needed to be sanded and refinished. 
A lot of work ~ as I learned from this project.  

 I'd recently heard about Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint and thought this dresser would be a good first project. I figured if it didn't work out, there was little investment and I could just sand it anyway.

But chalk paint is a fabulous product - easy to use and the learning curve is quick. There's no sanding required. I know. I was sold there. And when combined with a dark wax, it gives you a fantastic French country look. Which is a look I love but had never attempted. 
Until now...



Aaah. I love those knobs even more now.


With just one project behind me I feel like I can easily tackle many more!!Seriously. This paint is so easy to use. Go get some!

Now to tackle those floors.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...